Tuesday, October 23, 2007

keeping myself busy

I have spent a great deal of energy over the past few days concentrating on keeping myself busy.
I have spent time with family, in person and on the telephone, talked and hugged and got drunk with friends, cried until it hurt, gone down memory lane quite a few times, slept at weird times of the day, eaten when I've remembered to, picked packed and posted orders and of course sewing and crafting.


All of the above have helped as did all of your comments. I was so touched that people took time to leave me a comment and to send me kind thoughts and wishes. Thank you so much to every one who sent a comment or email. My Mum & Dad (Grandad was Mum's Father) sat and read them too and were equally touched. So a BIG thank you from us all :-)


I'm afraid that the photos I have just taken are all a bit dark and blurry but I have uploaded them anyway!!

The monkeys were half made sometime last week and I finished them off recently, as were the happy trees (still not completely finished) The brooch pins I ordered a while ago and spent time bagging them and doing the packaging (that got me through a good 2-3 hours)

And I have a lot more planned to keep me even busier :-)

Thanks for being there, it really has meant a lot :-)
xxx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're keepng yourself busy. Memory lane is a great place, make sure you get down there often - it will brighten up the darker days!!! Big hugs xxxxx

Just Original said...

Glad that you have managed to see yourself through the difficult bit. I guess your energy has to be channelled into something, so why not the business!

Keep smiling

Anonymous said...

I just checked in am so sorry to here about your grandad. He sounds to be very loved. I love stopping by your blog to see all the adorable things you've made. Thank you for sharing!

Blooming Felt said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better - getting drunk always helps !!! You've certainly been busy - and I'm loving the smiley faces on the happy trees - they should certainly cheer you up. Big Hugs. Sarah xx

dottycookie said...

I'm glad your work is helping you through a really tough time. You've been making some really lovely things there though. Hugs!

Monkee Maker said...

Those cute monkeys can't fail to cheer you up :)

mollycupcakes said...

I'm glad your keeping a brave face on it all honey and keeping busy. The monkey's are so cute.
It's lovey to have family, friends and bloggers to help through the bad times. And good.
Take care sweetie.

Hugs.
Catherine x

Anonymous said...

I just dropped in to see how your feeling. Glad to see your keeping busy. It will get easier just give it time..

Take care

Pene